Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Very Angry Indeed!"

Here's my piece for WHEN GOOD TOONS GO BAD: VILLAINS OF ANIMATION A Group Art Show at Van Eaton Galleries

(click for larger)
"Very Angry Indeed!"
18x46
acrylic on canvas

I really enjoyed painting these characters. It's always fun to do a take on characters from my hero, Chuck Jones. The background is also a nod to background designer extraordinaire, Maurice Noble. This is based on his designs from "Hare-Way to The Stars" (1958) which I believe featured some of his best design work which ranks right up there with "What's Opera, Doc?" (1957) and "Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century" (1953)

The show was great and features a ton of great pieces by some incredible artists. You can see the all of the work online here. The opening reception was a blast as always and I dressed for the occasion.



No comments: